Terms & Conditions
- Pictures & Images
- Privacy & Security
- Costs incurred by You
- Cancellations and Returns
- Our Returns Policy
- Instant Price Match
- Firepit Offer
- Product information is offered in good faith, but should only be regarded as a guide. Please confirm any details before making any purchasing, contractual, or installation arrangements. E&OE.
Neither Stove Specialists or Stores Direct Ltd., or any of their associates, or employees can accept any liability for errors or omissions on this website. We make every effort to provide accurate information, but errors and omissions are possible. Dimensions and other specifications given on this site are mostly provided by the manufacturer and may be approximate (sometimes manufacturer-supplied information is contradictory). Specifications may change without notice. Please confirm any specific details before ordering.
All prices shown on this website include VAT at the prevailing rate. All goods and prices are subject to availability from our suppliers. You can pay by cheque, debit card or credit card. Goods remain the property of the supplier until paid for in full. The individually branded Stove Specialist websites are part of the Stores Direct Ltd group of companies.
- Usually our products are delivered within 7 to 14 working days and you will be contacted of the lead time by email. Purchases over £100 are free UK mainland delivery, purchases under this amount incur a nominal £15.00 delivery fee. For delivery costs to Northern Ireland, Eire and Offshore Islands please see the individual product pages at checkout. If there is likely to be a problem with access for a large 7.5 tonne lorry, please contact us in advance of placing your order. Examples of areas that we cannot deliver palletised orders to are: long, graveled drives, areas inside walled cities with height restrictions from all directions, narrow lanes. We will do everything we can to make alternative delivery arrangements if you contact us in advance.
If the carriers are unable to deliver to you, they will charge us for the failed delivery and the return of the product. If you have not told us of any potential problems, we shall have to hold you liable for these charges.
If you cancel an order after we have started to ship it, we regret that we have to make a shipping charge to return it to our warehouse, even if the products have not reached your address.
Despatch for delivery can take up to two weeks in some instances longer, depending on availability, you will be emailed an estimated delivery date from our Customer Services team at the time you place your order. Cheque payments must be cleared before goods can be released from stock.
The carriers will normally contact you a day or two before delivering, to arrange a suitable delivery date and time. The carriers will only deliver the goods to the nearest entrance to your property; they will not be able to bring the goods inside. This is due to insurance, health and safety reasons.
Delivery is usually made on a pallet if the order is large, or by courier delivery if the order is smaller.
Please ensure that there will be someone at the delivery address on the day scheduled for delivery, available to help the driver unload and take the items to the delivery destination.
Please do not sign for or accept any goods until unpacked and checked in full. Only sign if you are satisfied with the condition of your purchase. Items which have been signed for are deemed to be complete and in good condition, we ask you to thoroughly check all goods within 48 hours of receipt, after this time period it is difficult for us to accept claims for damage in transit or missing items. If goods are damaged and have been signed for in good condition we will require photographs of the damage.
- When an order is placed with us you will receive an email with your invoice and details of the products you have ordered. We ask all customers to double check that what has been ordered is correct and includes any free items that you wanted to be included on your order. These are not attached automatically. We will allow 12 hours after ordering for you to check your order, this applies to internet and telephone orders.
- Installation (if applicable)
- It is your responsibility to choose a product which suits your needs. Once we have delivered your product, you are responsible for storage and installation. It is your responsibility to ensure that products are installed correctly and in compliance with current Building Regulations and the I.E.E (Institute of Electrical Engineers) Wiring Regulations. Contact the Building Control Officer of your Local Authority to find our how these regulations apply to you. Click on the following links to find an electrical engineer or plumber in your area:
Local Authority Assured Trader Scheme
Gas Safe Register
Association of Plumbing and Heating Contractors
Electrical Contractors Association
We strongly recommend that you do not book a date for fitting until the item has been delivered.
We ask you to help us keep prices low by taking responsibility for ordering the correct item, and clearly specifying any options you require.
- It is the customers responsibility to ensure the fitters are suitably qualified to fit their product. If you are unsure then we recommend checking on the HETAS or Gas Safe approved web sites.
- Pictures & Images
- All sizes and measurements are approximate we do however try to ensure that all sizes, measurements and images on the web site are as accurate as possible. All pictures on the web sites are for illustrative purpose only, and may not exactly match the product itself. Colours may vary to those illustrated and can look different on other computer screens. We never knowingly publish misleading or incorrect product descriptions or images.
- Privacy & Security
- All personal details that you give us are securely stored. We will never supply or sell any customers details to any outside organisation. We do not store any credit or debit card details. All credit and debit card details are encrypted using 128 bit SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption and sent using a secure server.
- Costs incurred by you
- We are not liable for any costs incurred by you or any loss of earnings. For example if a delivery is delayed in anyway and you have to rebook an installer then we are not liable for any extra charges that the installer may charge you. We always recommend that you do not book an installer until you are in receipt of the goods. We are also not liable for any loss of earnings as a result of you taking time off work to accept a delivery even if it is late or delayed.
- Cancellations and Returns
- Mail order, telephone and internet sales to individuals (not businesses) are covered by the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (UK Law Directive 97/7/EC), which protect you by providing a 7 working day cooling off period after the day after the product has been delivered. A customer has the option to cancel any order between the time of placing it and 7 working days after delivery. Cancellations must be in writing by post or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (not to ANY other email address) and quoting the Order Number. Under the Distance Selling regulations you have the right to receive a refund within 30 days of cancellation. We normally pay refunds within 14 days of cancellation or the goods being returned safely (whichever is the later). You are advised to retain the packaging. You will find it difficult to return the item without appropriate packaging. The goods must not have been fitted, installed or used in any way. The goods must be unmarked and free from blemishes of any kind, and you must return them in a saleable condition.
- Our Returns Policy
- We strive to supply goods in excellent condition. Some of our products are both heavy and fragile, and need careful handling until installed. We will repair or replace (for free) any item found defective or damaged before delivery or during unloading. This is in addition to your manufacturers guarantee. We cannot accept return of products which are damaged after delivery. When choosing a carrier to return your goods to us, you must make sure that Stores Direct are allowed to open and inspect the contents when we receive it. If the carrier will not allow us to open the goods then our warehouse will refuse delivery and the goods will be returned to you on your carrier. This could incur further costs to you. Returned items to us must be sent by recorded delivery. Your package will not be accepted by our warehouse unless a valid Returns form has been completed. Please see the Returns page in your account login. For details of our returns procedure please call 01484 43 43 20 and ask for the Returns department. We regret that we are currently unable to participate in the UK VAT Retail Export Scheme.
- Offers and Voucher Codes
- All Stove Specialist offers are non-transferrable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, unless the offer directly stipulates eligibility. Voucher codes have an expiry date and can only be used once by the person they are issued to, any voucher codes cannot be passed on to a third party to use.
- Instant Price Match Offer
- If you see your product cheaper on another website we will match the competitor’s price and give a further £10 off. This offer is an online only offer and is only available on a like-for-like basis and against manufacturer authorised retailer’s websites only.
- Price Match, like-for-like, must include the merchandise/product selling price, plus the equivalent shipping costs/method, handling charges, and any free offers (if applicable). The item also needs to be the identical product and in new and unused condition. The item needs to be in stock and available for purchase from an authorised dealer and not a pricing error. The Price Match offer excludes rebates, liquidations and auction sites such as Ebay and unauthorised retailers. Price Match discounts cannot be combined with any other Stove Specialist (Stores Direct Ltd) promotional offers.
- When you check out you must provide us with the website where you have seen the better price, this is so we can check the price ourselves. If the competitor’s listed price is not a like-for-like offer you will be contacted by one of our sales team and offered a refund. We do not match eBay, other auction sites, or unauthorised retailers. This offer is available on all products where the Price Match banner appears. We can only price match websites where the products can be purchased online. We reserve the right to refuse to supply any persons using this offer.
- If you do not wish to pay for your items immediately please select the cheque payment option during the checkout process.
- Free Firepit Offer
- This offer is available while stocks last and is subject to change without notice. The offer is limited to one firepit per qualifying stove. In order to qualify for this offer the free chimenea must be added to the shopping basket before checkout and cannot be added at a later date. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Payments for Surveys are taken as booking referral fees for a Survey only, not a full installation. The Contract of Sale resides between the Customer (you) and the Installer you choose not Stores Direct Ltd. Stores Direct Ltd and any related companies are not liable for any work or quotes carried out or supplied by the Installer. All surveyors are independent of and have no affiliation with Stores Direct Ltd or any related trading names.
WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Regulations Click Here for Details
Contract of Sale between the Purchaser(the customer) and the Seller(Stores Direct Ltd) begins when the Seller notifies the Purchaser of despatch.